Thursday, June 13, 2013

Thankful Thursday

"Therefore, since we are receiving a kingdom that cannot be shaken, let us be thankful, and so worship God acceptably with reverence and awe."  Hebrews 12:28


Lyssa enjoyed a day on the farm!

Here's a few things I am thankful for this week...
  • Lyssa spent a day helping her friend paint the inside of her house. (The picture above is from that adventurous day.)
  • Our church staff had a dinner and I was reminded how blessed I am by the life God has allowed me live being in pastoral ministry...and we work with a great bunch of people.
  • Saturday we celebrated 5 graduates in our church, and again I was struck by the precious relationships in that room and what a wonderful church family we have.
  • Sunday evening Lyssa, and her boyfriend Jered, made dinner for the family.  Be still my heart. 
  • Kyle helped teach Sunday School in the 2-5 year old class on Sunday.  I think he actually had a good time.  I was touched by his openness to help out.
  • Sunday someone blessed me with a gift for my upcoming trip.  I was touched by their generosity and God's provision for my splurge vacation.
  • Lyssa has been working each day this week.  So thankful she found a summer job.
  • One night both kids were piled up on my bed, chatting up a storm, and I loved that.  These days are few and I want to treasure each moment as they come. (Picture below, thought it's not very good.  My teenagers like to take their own pictures, but fight me when I want to take a picture of them.)

God has been so evident this week and my heart is filled with reverence and awe.

Lord, I am thankful for the life you have given me.  I am richly blessed.  I love the ways I see your hand at work in Alyssa and Kyle's lives and know that you are continually wooing them to yourself.  Thank you for being a wonderful Savior, Protector, Father, and Friend. 

 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.