Monday, September 10, 2012

Pure Choices

"I will be careful to live a blameless life—
    when will you come to help me?
I will lead a life of integrity
    in my own home. I will refuse to look at
    anything vile and vulgar.." 
Psalm 101:2-3


Today I am praying for the innocence and purity of our children's hearts and minds. As Alyssa and Kyle get older, we have lost most control over their choices of music, apps, and movies. My hope and prayer is that they always keep their eyes, ears, minds, and hearts clean and pure so that they remain sensitive, receptive and ready to hear Christ above all else.

O be careful little eyes what you see.
O be careful little ears what you hear.

Lord, you have so many good things for your children to see, hear and experience, yet so often there are other things that get in the way.  Temptations are rampant, and we are easily swayed to partake of things that don't please you or reflect you in our lives.  These things often drown you out, and our eyes can't see you clearly, and our ears can't hear you speak to us.  Lord, protect our children's hearts, minds, and their eyes and ears.  Keep them for making poor choices that keep them from experiencing your presence in their lives.  Make their hearts, dear Jesus, sensitive to you and the things you desire for their lives.  Remove any temptation or desire to digest things that mock you, or don't line up with your heart and mind, and pull them further from your presence in their lives.  Make our children sensitive to your spirit, and choose purity, each and every day.  I love you, dear Jesus, and I entrust our children's eyes, ears and hearts to you.


 

No comments: