Thursday, August 16, 2012

Thankful Thursday

"Come, let us tell of the Lord's greatness; let us exalt his name together."  Psalm 34:3
 


Today I want to tell you of the Lord's greatness in our lives!
  • A Saturday morning excursion with my boys to the area Farmer's Market.  I'm sure it wasn't their ideal way to spend the morning, but they did it just for me.  I loved hanging with my men!
  • A call from my daughter after being "out of range" for a week.  It did this mother's heart good and I was glad to hear that she had a great time at camp.  Now, college is in sight and I need to get used to this sporadic check-in schedule.
  • The next day Lyss helped lead worship at the church she visited with her friend.  I've been asking her periodically to join me at our church, but to no avail.  Fun to hear about her stepping out and trying something new.
  • We have some new staff at church and it feels exciting and encouraging all at the same time.  I loved watching the youth of our church gather around our new youth workers and pray for them this Sunday (picture below).  God's moving I'm thinkin'!

  • Sunday, our family was treated to a delicious lunch at my favorite splurge.  I so appreciate the fellowship and encouragement from members of our church family.
  • Lyss came home on Monday.  Such sweet contentment that comes when my babies are all under one roof.  
  • Happy mail in the mailbox.
  • An unexpected and beautiful bouquet of flowers.
  • Doctors and medicine and the healing that comes.
  • My hubby's continual hard work to care and provide for our family.
  • A chat with my mom and dad. 
  • Coffee dates.
  • Beautiful photos taken by my daughter and the joy it brings her.
  • A hug from my "cool" son.

Lord, I love telling of your greatness.  You deserve all of my praise and thanksgiving!   My heart rejoices in you, my Savior and God!  Thank you for your movement and blessing in our lives.  I trust in your unfailing love and my heart rejoices in your salvation.
 

No comments: