Thursday, August 2, 2012

Thankful Thursday: It's God's Battle


I needed a word from the Lord this week.  

Before I know it, my oldest child is heading off to college. In my head I am thinking, have I taught her all she needs to know from me? Will she make good choices?  Is she wise enough in the Lord to recognize the enemies lies?  Oh, the worries take over sometimes.

But God's message to me was loud and clear. Each line was just what I needed to hear.

This is what the Lord says to you (to me)
‘Do not be afraid or discouraged because of this vast army.  
For the battle is not yours, but God’s.   
You will not have to fight this battle. 
Take up your positions; 
stand firm and see the deliverance 
the Lord will give you.
Do not be afraid; 
do not be discouraged.'
 2 Chronicles 20:15, 17

I am thankful for the reminder that battle is not mine, it's the Lords!

Thank you, dear Lord, for knowing just what I needed to hear.  I will not be afraid or discouraged, but trust our children to your care.  Alyssa and Kyle are fully yours, and their souls are yours, and I will not be afraid.

1 comment:

Heather said...

Thank you, Tresa! I needed that reminder too!