Thursday, March 13, 2014

Thankful Thursday

"If I'm sleepless at midnight, I spend the hours in grateful reflection."  Psalm 63:5 (The Message)



Things I'm thankful for this week:
  • Friday night was spent with both my boys, doing one of their favorite things...watching the high school state basketball semi-final games.   I didn't have to cook, and the three of us were together in one place.  Yeah!
  • On Saturday, Ken and I enjoyed going to see the play "Fiddler on the Roof" at a nearby college, and watching one of the youth from our church perform.  It was a fun date, and we enjoyed singing the song "Do You Love Me" on the way home as we too, like Tevye and Golde, are soon celebrating 25 years of marriage
For twenty-five years I've washed your clothes
Cooked your meals, cleaned your house
Given you children, milked the cow
After twenty-five years, why talk about love right now?
 (I've done all but milk the cow...ha!)
  • Kyle made the Varsity baseball team and had the first game of the season last night.  Let the baseball fun begin!  And God gave us beautiful weather for our first game. 
  • Instead of giving Ken a team baseball hat for keeping score all season, the coach gave us a free season pass to get into the home games.  That's a big savings, I tell you!  God is good!
  • Our Sunday night prayer time was precious and I'm blessed when I hear someone else pray for our kids.  We went into the prayer meeting just having heard a 17 year old, that Kyle has played with baseball with in years past, had died in a car accident, and the people in that room so lovingly prayed for Kyle's comfort.
  • Tuesday night, Lyssa called in dire panic because she had stepped on a piece of glass.  My first thought was "She called me!" (Which just really may be what I'm thankful for!). We spent a good thirty minutes trying to keep her mind off the pain, and her threat to faint, by chatting with her about the weekend she spent with her future in-laws, while Jered tried to pull the glass out.  She did survive and she pulled the glass out all by herself.  Yeah Lyssa!
The list goes on and on!  I'm just thankful for the many ways I can see God living and active in my life, and in the life of my family.

Better is one day in your courts 
than a thousand elsewhere; 
I would rather be a doorkeeper
in the house of my God 
than dwell in the tents of the wicked. 
                      --Psalm 84:10

Lord, I have been in grateful reflection, and my heart wants to cry out to you in thanksgiving.  You are living and active in our lives, and I am overflowing with gratitude.  Thank you, Lord, for your blessing and provision.  Thank you for answering the prayers of this praying mom.  What joy it brings to see your presence and work effecting the lives of my children.  I love living in your courts, dear Jesus, and wouldn't wish to be any where else!  I love you!
 

No comments: