Tuesday, March 18, 2014

A Season for Wise Management

There’s an opportune time to do things, 
a right time for everything on the earth:
...A right time to plant and another to reap.
Ecclesiastes 3:1-2 

Kyle, March 2014

It's baseball season.  That means there is daily practices, weekend field work days, and at least 3 evening games a week.  Last night, Kyle got home from practice just in time for dinner, and announced that he had "tons" of homework this week.  So, on his one night at home this week, he locked himself away in his room to work on a 3-5 page paper and some calculus homework.  He took advantage of the time he had to squeeze in work that isn't even due until Friday.  I'm impressed.

Balancing work and play, planning ahead, and being disciplined are sometimes things others don't learn until they are adults.  I still find that its hard to always make the right choices.  I'm proud of my boy, but pray that as baseball season gets busier and busier, he can maintain his energy to do everything well.  

So far, he's my all-star player!

Lord, each day is a gift, and I pray that Alyssa and Kyle can use each minute and hour in the best ways they can.  Help them both to discern when it's best to work or play, and figure out whats expected of them ahead of time.  When it's time for them to rest, I pray that their bodies and minds are refreshed, and when it's time to work, that they do it to the best of their abilities.  Lord, in this busy season, I pray that Alyssa and Kyle do their best and are rewarded for their hard work.


No comments: