Thursday, January 30, 2014

Thankful Thursday

"I have no greater joy than this: to hear that my children are walking in the truth."  3 John 1:4 HCSB


I have to admit I struggled with doubts and fears this week about my kid's faith.  Both Alyssa and Kyle have been raised in the church. and have probably had more church related experiences than most kids, but they are coming to the age where they are beginning to make their own choices about their church commitments.  And sometimes, leaving it up to them, makes me a nervous mom.  I know it's the way it should be, but darn it, can't I just tell them what to do?! 

Even though, neither child did what I hoped they would in regard to Sunday opportunities, I saw other signs that they are choosing to make their faith their own.  For that, I am thankful and I will hold on to the hope I have that God is working on them!  I'm thankful for His promises!

"Dear friends, don’t let this one thing escape you: With the Lord one day is like a thousand years, and a thousand years like one day. The Lord does not delay His promise, as some understand delay, but is patient with you, not wanting any to perish but all to come to repentance."  2 Peter 3:8, 9 HCSB

"Let us hold unswervingly to the hope we profess, for he who promised is faithful."  Hebrews 10:23 NIV

A different kind of "Thankful Thursday", but there you have it. (Sickness has been running rampant in our house, and laying around and doing nothing for a week doesn't give way to huge list of things to be thankful for...for now, I'll be thankful that we are finally on the mend!)

Lord, thank you for the ways I see you working in Alyssa and Kyle's lives.  Thank you for the ways you're calling their names and drawing them to yourself.  I can trust you with my hopes and fears, and with my children's hearts and souls.  You are my anchor and I pray that Alyssa and Kyle know that truth as well!

 And one more funny Mac picture...

He loves television.


 

No comments: