Monday, July 8, 2013

Walk in Obedience

"So be careful to do what the Lord your God has commanded you; do not turn aside to the right or to the left. Walk in obedience to all that the Lord your God has commanded you, so that you may live and prosper and prolong your days in the land that you will possess."  Deuteronomy 5:32-33

If you tell God no because He won't explain the reason he wants you to do something, you are actually hindering His blessing.  But when you say yes to Him, all of heaven opens to pour out His goodness and reward your obedience.  What matters more than material blessings are the things He is teaching us in our spirit. --Charles Stanley

"You are my friends if you do what I command."  John 15:14


Obedience hasn't always come naturally to our kids.  I was reminded this weekend of something I used to say to them, "we can do this the easy way, or the hard way, but you will do it."  I don't get "no" very much any more.  Sometimes my request is just easily forgotten.  

My prayer is that Alyssa and Kyle will be better at obedience when it comes to listening to God.  When He calls, I pray that they go running ready to immediately obey.

Nine-tenths of the difficulties are overcome when our hearts are ready to do the Lord's will, whatever it may be. When one is truly in this state, it is usually but a little way to the knowledge of what His will is. --George Mueller

Lord, teach Alyssa and Kyle to walk in obedience.  I pray that they will never turn to the right or to the left, but only go forward where you have commanded them.  In this obedience to you, Alyssa and Kyle can live and prosper, and walk in your peace, joy, and light.  Teach their spirits, sweet Holy Spirit, and lead them in the way you have made perfect for them.  Obedience is pure delight to you and I pray it's the call fo Alyssa and Kyle's hearts.
 
 

No comments: