Saturday, July 6, 2013

Seek Him and Live!

"For the Lord says to the house of Israel: Seek Me and live! Do not seek Bethel or go to Gilgal or journey to Beer-sheba, for Gilgal will certainly go into exile, and Bethel will come to nothing. Seek Yahweh and live, or He will spread like fire throughout the house of Joseph; it will consume everything, with no one at Bethel to extinguish it."  Amos 5:4-6 HCSB

 Alyssa and Kyle (2010)

I love the call to "Seek Me and live!"  I want to shout it out to my kids, "Seek Him and live!"  I want to them to hear His voice call louder than mine though.  My prayer is that their ears are ultra sensitive to His promptings.

Cause sometimes my kids seem to be hard of hearing, you know?  Directions fly in one ear and out the other, requests misunderstood, and stories needing retold.  If they are going to hear God speaking, they better turn their ears on.

And God has the best kind of news to hear.  As Alyssa and Kyle choose to seek God they will truly begin to live! Fully live in you!

Lord, I pray that Alyssa and Kyle always choose to seek you and live.  There are so many things that they could seek and follow.  Bind the enemy from leading them down the wrong path, and tempting them with idols and desires that will lead them into exile and give them nothing.  If Alyssa and Kyle seek you, your Word promises that they will find you, and they will live a full and abundant life.  This is my greatest prayer. 

 

No comments: