Thursday, April 17, 2014

Thankful Thursday

"But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us."  Romans 5:8


So thankful that even in my unloveliness God extends His extravagant grace to me.  Daily, moment by moment, and without reservation He loves me.  In return, I am wholeheartedly devoted to Him.

I am also grateful for a few things in my week...
  • A wonderful women's retreat with my church friends!  Oh the worship, laughter, and encouraging conversations that touched my heart.  I loved seeing God's work in ladies lives. 
  • Oh, and my mom was at retreat, and that was a double blessing.  I love to hear her sing and I'm thankful for her faith!
  • I came home to dinner on the table, a freshly bathed dog, and my two boys excited to see me.  Melt my heart.
  • Answered prayers remind me that God is intimately aware of my needs.
  • Verses, blogs, and notes that speak to my heart condition.
  • Kyle had a few good hits in baseball games this week and some increased attention from college scouts.  I'm waiting expectantly for God's plan to unfold in his life.
Lord, thank you for showing your love to me in so many ways.  You are always present in the good and hard moments of life.  I see you teaching me, stretching me and loving me through those moments.  Your grace is a gift and I never want to take it for granted.  Thank you, precious Savior, for loving us so much that you died for us.  My heart is yours.

 

No comments: