Thursday, April 10, 2014

Thankful Thursday

"The Son is the radiance of God’s glory and the exact representation of his being, sustaining all things by his powerful word. After he had provided purification for sins, he sat down at the right hand of the Majesty in heaven."  Hebrews 1:3

I'm so thankful that God sustains all things.  What promise and hope for parenting, busy lives, and unknown futures.   It reminds me of the song "Because He Lives"...

Because He lives
I can face tomorrow
Because He lives
All fear is gone
Because I know
He holds the future
And life is worth the living
Just because He lives

Amen and Amen!!  So thankful!

Here's also a few things I'm grateful for on the home front...
  • Kyle's continuing to get great grades even with the busyness of baseball starting.  His lowest grade is an 89% (pre-calculus).  Pretty good, I think!
  • Lyssa facetimed me on Sunday.  She's been fighting not feeling well, but continues to press on in her last month of college classes.  I'll post a picture of her latest art project.  Beautiful in my humble opinion.  
  • Kyle took me to hit balls at our local golf course.  He was a great (but unsuccessful) teacher at showing me how to use a golf club appropriately.  His lack of success had nothing to do with his teaching skills, but everything to do with my lack of skill.  I enjoyed our time together the most.
  • Ken had the opportunity to make some extra money on Monday.  Every little extra "dough" we make is a blessing in paying for our children's upcoming summer adventures (wedding and baseball camps aren't cheap!).  God is so good!  And I'm thankful for a man who works hard and sacrificially!
  • I'm heading to Women's Retreat today.  It's been a few months of planning and work to put it together but I have enjoyed watching God's pre-retreat work and can't wait to see what He'll do this weekend as we gather.
  • And oh how I love that spring is here!  My trees are beautiful with pink and white blossoms.  I wish they would just stay that way for more than a week.  I guess that is what causes me to be more in awe today!
 Thank you, Lord, for sustaining all things, especially me!  And in that sustaining, I see blessings and signs that you are present in my life.  Thank you for the ways I see you growing up my babies and sustaining them as well.  I pray that we each always radiate your glory in our comings and goings, and in our thanksgiving and trust!  You are my God and I praise you!

 

No comments: