Thursday, February 6, 2014

Breathing Room for My Soul



 God, the one and only—
    I’ll wait as long as he says.
Everything I hope for comes from him,
    so why not?
He’s solid rock under my feet,
    breathing room for my soul,

An impregnable castle:
    I’m set for life.


Psalm 62:5-6 




It's my Thankful Thursday list!
  • Lunch with a friend brought perspective and peace.
  • A memorial service reminded me of God's blessing of so many special people in my life through ministry, and His transforming work in the lives of His children.
  • Sunday I was struck by how deep, wide, and high is the love of Christ.  Sometimes I forget.
  • A sweet text from Lyss asking how we were surviving the Superbowl at our house.  Though my Bronco fans were somber and discouraged, I loved that she cared enough to check in. 
  • On Monday my dear hubby and I finally had our regular Monday date-day.  It had been way too long.  We took a peaceful drive out of the city and into some beautiful country (picture above) and enjoyed the rest and rejuvenation it brought.  
  • We are about over the awful crud at our house.  Amen!
  • Kyle's been talking college plans.  Is it that time already?  Just watching little moments where God's plan for his life might be unfolding.  Its too early to tell, but I'm trusting God for Kyle's future.
  • A frozen yogurt date with my two boys was the cherry on top of my Tuesday!

Here's a few more pictures I took this week of things I was thankful for...




  
Lord, everything I hope for comes from you!  You are the solid rock under my feet, and the breathing room for my soul!  Thank you for the visible signs of your presence in my life.  Thank you for Alyssa and Kyle and for the ways you are at work in their lives.  Because I see your faithfulness in my life, I know you are faithful in Alyssa and Kyle's life too.  You are good, oh so good!  My hope in you breaths life into my soul!





No comments: